Skip to main content

Definition of Past Perfect Tense

 

Ø Past Perfect Tense: زمن ماضي بعيد     

1. It is used to talk about that action which happened one after other, the first action is in the past Perfect Tense and second action is in past.

2. Used “When, because, after" to show the relation between two actions.

 

Formation: Sub + Had+ 3rd form of verb

Examples:  (1) I had eaten meal when he played game.

Had I eaten meal when he played game?

I had not eaten meal when he played game.

Had I not eaten meal when he played game?

 

Make the interrogative and Negative sentences.

I had gone before he came.

We had gone before he came.

You had gone before he came.

He had gone before he came.

She had gone before he came.

It had gone before he came.

They had gone before he came.

Farhan had gone before he came.

Farhan and Nasir had gone before he came.

 

Comments