Skip to main content

All Model Verbs in grammar Jest and PST Preparation

 

Ø Model verbs

Used to talk about for all person and used first form of verb. Some model verbs are “can/ can’t , could/ couldn’t,  Should/ Shouldn’t,  May/Might, Must.

 

·      Can:- Can is used to talk about those things or actions which you are able to do in the present time or to talk about your present ability.

·      It is used for permission, request & possibility.

Examples:-

I can ride the horse. (Ability).

I can stay with my brother when I will in Paris. (Opportunity)  موقهو

Can I go for games. (Request) عرص يا درخواست

Yes you can. ( Permission).

I can take the  1st position in the class. (Possibility).

 

Cannot: Cannot is used to talk about those things which you are not able to do in the present time.

It is used for impossibility.

Examples:

I cannot ride the horse

I cannot go to school.

 

·      Could:

Could is used to talk about those actions or things which you were able to do in the past time or used to talk about your past abilities.

Examples:

·      I could read newspapers.

·      I could run fast.

·      I could swim.

 

 

·      Could not

Could not is used to talk about those actions which you were not able to do in the past time or used to talk about your past disability.

·      I could not go for shopping alone when I was in school.

 

 

·      May/Might:

May is used to talk about the future possibilities . May is little more sure than might.

·      I may go for shopping.

·      I might go to Karachi.

 

·      May used also for permission

 

·      May I come in?

 

·      May I use your phone?

 

 

 

·      Must:

·      Must is used to talk about that things that you strongly advise to do or ability to do.

·      You must wash your hands.

·      You must work hard.

 

·      Mustn’t:

·      Must not is used to talk about something that you are strongly advised not to do.

·      Used for that action you are not allowed to do.

·      You mustn’t walk on road.

·      You mustn’t cheat .

·      You mustn’t leave him alone.

 

 

·      Should/Shouldn’t :

·      Used should/shouldn’t talk about the suggestion or giving advice .

·      You should work hard.

·      You should read books.

·      You should follow rules.

·      You shouldn’t tell a lie.

·      You shouldn’t fight with them.

Comments